My Acadian & French Canadian Ancestry

This is my research of my family tree with my 23'd Great Grandparents...Rose de Ponthieu & Hector de Marle in Europe in the 1100's (unconfirmed). My closest relations are in Acadia, New France. This is my story.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quebec, Canada

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

What Am I?

Ever wonder that? I don't mean when someone asks you "What's your nationality?" and you answer "well, Canadian or American, or French.....etc. of course." I mean your your blood line, where your ancestors came from. My self, originally, everyone came from France, way back as the year 1500. Now Im also about the 12th. to 13th. generation Canadian, but I'm French.
There are a few people in my lineage that are not from either France or Canada. There is 1 from Ireland , 2 from Fribourg Switzerland, 1 from eithir Yorkshire England or Scotland, 3 from Saint Croix, Granore Island, Azores, Portugal. All of these were from way back at least 1500. Always thought this was kinda neat.
Keep this in mind when doing your search, you may very well come up with something very interesting!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see any Indian listed in your background. Have you forgot somthing? You know that the french and mi'kmaq married.

2:57 p.m., July 18, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

1860ish and onward it was fashionable to mock the indian and tell one to get back on the reserve, let alone admit to being one. If someone wanted a to make a living one did not bring it up.

9:16 a.m., September 20, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home